Catholic Enquiry Centre
Saints Next Door Video Competition
Win a new tablet (valued at approximately $900)
- These terms and conditions relate to the Catholic Enquiry Centre’s “Saints Next Door” video competition (“Competition”).
- To enter the Competition acknowledgement and acceptance of these terms and conditions is a requirement.
- The competition organiser is the Catholic Enquiry Centre (“Organiser”) on behalf of the New Zealand Catholic Bishop’s Conference. Catholic Discovery is the digital resource of the Catholic Enquiry Centre.
- Registration for the Competition opens on Monday 20 May with registrations closing on Friday 23 August 2019. Video entries are to be submitted online by 11:59pm on Friday 30 August 2019. Entries received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- You must register online to be eligible to win the Competition
Conditions of Entry
- All entrants into the Competition must be resident in New Zealand.
- By entering the Competition, you are confirming that you are over 18 years old or that you have the consent of your parent(s) or guardian(s) to enter the Competition. If the prize winner is under 18, the prize will be issued to the entrant’s winning school, youth group or their parent(s) or guardian(s).
- You may enter as an individual or as part of group.
- There are no limits on the number of entries that a school, youth group or individual may submit.
- We ask you to not release or share your entry in the public domain prior to winner(s) being confirmed.
Prizes and categories
- There are three categories (a) Year 7-8, (b) Year 9-10, (c) Year 11,12,13 and school leavers
- If your group is made up of a mix of ages, you must enter in the category of the oldest team members.
- Winning entrants can choose between an Apple iPad mini 4 or Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5, with a maximum retail price of NZ$900 including GST.
- There is one prize per category.
- A judging panel will be assembled to determine best entries.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
How to enter
- You must register your interest at videocompetition.nz
- Create a video that promotes Pope Francis’ Saints Next Door message.
- The Video must not be longer than 5 minutes duration
- Entries must be submitted before the closing date. Instructions will be provided via email
- If you submit a Video which shows other people you must have confirmed with those people that they also give their permission for the Video to be submitted and published by the Organiser. Image consent forms are available on videocompetition.nz
- If you submit a Video which shows other people under the age of 18, you must have confirmed with the parent(s) or guardian(s) of those people that they give their permission for the Video to be submitted and published by the Organiser.
- By submitting a Video, you agree the Organiser shall have the right to store electronically any Video or images from Videos sent in by entrants to the Competition and the right to use the Video or images from the Video free of charge for any business purpose in any media whatsoever.
- The Video must be your own work, contain your own video footage and must not be copied. The Organiser may disqualify your entry if the Promotor considers (in its sole discretion) that your entry is not your own work, breaches the intellectual property rights of any person, is unsuitable, depicts dangerous acts or acts which may cause injury to, or death of, any person, may cause offence, or otherwise breaches these terms and conditions.
- All entries are deemed to be received at the time of the receipt in the Organiser’s database and not at the time of transmission by you.
Judging and Winner Notification
- The winner (“Winner”) will be selected from eligible entries receving by a panel of judges (selected by the Organiser). A decision will be made no later than 27 September 2019.
- The Winner will be contacted directly via email or phone (if a number is provided).
- The prize will be awarded to the winning individual, school or youth group.
- The Organiser’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
In entering the Promotion, the entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Organiser is not liable for any personal injury, death or damage to any property caused by or during the creation or filiming of a Video.
Publication of Winner’s Video
The Winner must agree to co-operate with all of the Organiser’s reasonable media editorial requests relating to the Competition, participate in publicity for this Competition and consent to the use of the Video for publicity purposes in any media whatsoever.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without prior notice.
- Prizes cannot be varied and are not transferable.
- If the winner is not able to be contacted within a reasonable time period following the judge’s decision, that winner shall forfeit the prize and the Organiser may choose to award the prize to another entrant.
- Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner including meals, taxes, transport, insurance and any other ancillary costs of any nature.
- The Organiser reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity, proof of residency, and/or proof of entry validity. In the event that such proof is not provided by the winner or is not suitable to the Organiser, then that winner shall forfeit their rights to any prizes.
- The Organiser reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the Organiser’s opinion includes objectionable content, profanity or potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements.
- The Organiser may disqualify any entry or individual (including any prize winner) who tampers with the entry process, submits an entry not in accordance with the terms and conditions, breaches these terms and conditions, or who has, in the opinion of the Organiser, engaged in conduct which is unlawful, improper, fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter or Promotion.
- The Organiser is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any web site, telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof.
- The Organiser assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries.
- The Organiser takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late or illegible entries or any entries that for whatever reason, are not received by the Promoter or are incomplete.
- The winner of any prize agrees to co-operate with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including being interviewed, photographed or filmed. The winner permits having the Video and their name, image and/or voice appear in connection with the Competition, the Organiser or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Organiser and related agencies shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or personal injury whatsoever by or to any person in connection with the Competition or with winning or benefiting from a prize.
- All entries (including the Video) become the property of the Organiser. The Organiser needs to collect personal information from entrants in order to conduct the Competition – without this information the Organiser may not be able to facilitate your entry into the Competition. Your personal information will be held by the Organiser solely for the purposes of the Competition. To access or request correction of your personal information please contact the Catholic Enquiry Centre on email@example.com